Another Festive Season (for some not all) is upon us which means the End of Another Year. How does that make you feel? Are you happy with the progress you’ve made over the past 12 months? Or are you rather frustrated and disappointed with yourself?
REACHING THE FINISH LINE
When we kick off the race at the beginning of a year, we usually are full of beans and very excited. Our motivation is on high alert and many times we hardly lack any confidence. After all, it is the beginning of something new.
Then time flies by quickly and before we know it, we are staring the finishing line in the face. All of a sudden it is time to Take Stock and Evaluate the 12 months gone by. This situation can cause as much stress as delivering all the food, at the right temperature, to the table for Christmas Lunch.
Like it is in the world of cooking, I believe the proof lies in the eating. Therefore, may I invite you to my 2017-Lunch?
MY 2017 ACHIEVEMENTS
As you may know, I am a great believer in Setting Goals at the start of a new year. Seeing them in black on white is much better than visualising them in one’s mind. Of course, this year has been no exception. Here is a breakdown of my Goals (set within 3 sections) achieved:
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Mentoring Startup Business owners locally proved successful and very satisfying.
- Education continued via Online Courses and reading 5+ Inspirational Books.
- Landed a Work Opportunity abroad.
- Completed my detailed Research successfully for another Business Venture.
- Accumulated suppliers via local Business Exhibitions.
- Business Development
- Social Media sites received a mini Re-brand.
- New Updated Logo was implemented.
- Branding completed for the new Business Venture.
- Social Media activities and engagement increased as set out.
- Strategies for Online Reputation was adhered and stuck to.
- Personal Development
- Creativity increased via Design and Photography.
- Health and Fitness increased dramatically.
- Managing my Thought Process was tough, but I kept it positive 90% of the time.
- Building New Relationships took a massive Positive turn.
- Even though not all locations on my Travel List were visited, a brand new summer location, El Masnou, was discovered; a repeat weeklong visit to my favourite Balearic Island, Menorca, took place and, of course, Barcelona (a top favourite city) was visited again for a week.
- Learning a new foreign language and adding a tattoo to my collection were unfortunately not achieved.
MY 2017 SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT
As mentioned, I set out to connect and engaged more with people via Social Media platforms. This has turned out to have an incredible Impact on both my Business and Personal Development.
Reaching out to other likeminded individuals has not only provided me with stimulating Mentoring Advice, but also cause my Confidence to rise quite a few levels. Conversing with people like Ryan Foland, Clinton Senkow, Cherie Aimée, Dennis Brown, Zach McArthur, Harry Petsanis, John Lim, Winnie Sun, Susie Ippolito, Jeremy Slate to mention a few, is proof that Social Media is a great platform if used appropriately. All it takes is to be social – after all, these sites are exactly what it says on the tin.
MY 2017 GRATITUDE
It is with great Happiness and Thanks that I end this year. I am fortunate to have received many audience responses on my sites and blogposts. At the end of the day the proof really lies within the eating. Many Thanks to all of you for your likes and comments. You have made my year!
MY 2018 OUTLOOK
Ending the year on such a high, has already given me energy to start thinking about next year. My thinking cap is on and quite a few Goals are already being set out to tackle another 12 months.
Nothing beats having a structure in life, work and beyond. Once you have set out what you want to achieve, all that is left is to Focus on your Future.
Here’s to another year, another set of Goals and another bunch of Achievements. And to be honest, I cannot wait to tackle 2018 by the horns and Get Going.
Here’s wishing those that celebrate the end of the year with a Festive Season, a Very Merry Christmas.